Here is the summary about Cerezo Osaka’s transfer and contract news coming out since the last post.
- Cerezo Osaka confirmed they have appointed former Tokyo Verdy boss Miguel Angel Lotina as their new manager today. The Spanish veteran has a rich experience as a manager, taking charge of such teams as Celta de Vigo, RCD Espanyol, Villarreal, and Tokyo Verdy to name a few. His work at Tokyo Verdy has been rated highly in Japan as is clear from the fact that dozens of articles have been written about his tactics in this two years (all written in Japanese but I listed them up in other post) and his assistant at Tokyo Verdy, Ivan Palanco Santiago, will also join Cerezo according to a report in Spain, which also says Lotina signed a one-year contract with the club.
- According to several reports in Japan, Kenyu Sugimoto, Kazuya Yamamura, and Hotaru Yamaguchi are all set to leave the club. As to Yamaguchi, Vissel Kobe sports director Atsuhiro Miura admitted they have made an offer for the captain and are currently waiting for his answer according to local newspaper Kobe Shimbun. Kobe are willing to pay 200 million yen to acquire him, several media outlets like Sports Nippon and Daily Sports reported.
- Cerezo Osaka have made an offer for 16-year-old forward Jun Nishikawa according to Kanagawa Shimbun. Nishikawa, a Yokohama F. Marinos Junor Youth graduate, is currently playing for Toko Gakuen High School, where goalkeeper Shu Mogi used to attend. This promising lefty has been selected to Japan under-15, 16, and recently 19 national squad, and attracted interest from 10 J.League clubs according to writer Takahito Ando.
- South Korean forward Yang Dong-hyun is likely to stay at the club next season, Sports Nippon reported on Wednesday. Yang joined the club this year after spending good seasons with Pohang Steelers. Although he initially got some chance to play, he failed to impress and especially after manager Yoon started to employ back-3 system, he lost playing opportunity. His staying at the club seemed somewhat surprising to supporters, which itself isn’t surprising, but Yang reportedly made a two-year contract with the club so it can be understood that it’s just he enters the second half of the contract.
- Cerezo Osaka have an offer for Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo forward Ken Tokura according to Sports Nippon. This is not the first time Cerezo got interested in him – It was reported nearly 10 years ago that he was set to join the club, which turned out to be false in the end.